Orthodontic Treatment Designed for a Teenager's Needs
A straight, healthy smile is an important part of helping your teen build confidence and reducing their risk of cavities and gum disease. A recent study released by Invisalign® found that 75 percent of those patients who straightened their teeth felt that orthodontics had a positive impact on their lives. At Astoria Dental Group, Dr. Carmen Every-Degel can help your teen correct spacing, crowding, or alignment issues with Invisalign® Teen.
Designed with your teen in mind, this adapted version of Invisalign is equipped with special features that are tailored to the ever-changing needs of your child. As Invisalign requires fewer visits to our Queens, NY, office than traditional braces, your child can continue to prioritize their schoolwork, extracurricular activities, and social life during their treatment.
Is Invisalign Right for
One of the major benefits of Invisalign is its removability. However, in order for treatment to be effective, aligners must be worn for a minimum of 22 hours each day. When considering Invisalign, it is important to factor your teen's level of commitment to the treatment. Failing to wear aligners can result in ineffective results, a longer treatment timeline, or a completely redesigned treatment plan.
Invisalign Teen vs. Traditional Invisalign
Invisalign Teen works just as efficiently and effectively as traditional Invisalign for adults. However, the treatment is designed with a few special features to suit the active lifestyle of your teen. These include:
- Blue compliance indicators: These markings transition from blue to clear as your teen wears his or her aligners, allowing you to visually confirm that they are wearing their trays as needed.
- Eruption tabs: Invisalign Teen is outfitted with spaces for your teen's ever-changing smile. This allows your teen to begin treatment while they are still waiting for permanent teeth to grow. The spacers also guide growing teeth into their proper positioning.
Similarly to traditional Invisalign, teen treatment can help your youth achieve a straighter smile in approximately 12 months.
Why Choose Invisalign for Your Teen
Achieving a straighter smile can not only help your teen build self-confidence but can also reduce their risk of cavities and boost their oral health. With Invisalign, your teen can enjoy:
- Improved comfort: While traditional braces are susceptible to broken brackets, Invisalign aligners are made with smooth, BPA-free SmartTrack™plastic. The trays fit snugly and comfortably without the risk of gum and cheek irritation, especially for teens who play contact sports.
- Flexible diet: While certain, crunchy foods can break brackets, Invisalign trays can be removed for eating so that your teenager can enjoy their favorite foods with friends.
- Improved oral hygiene: Due to the obstructive metal and brackets, traditional braces can make it hard for your teen to access many areas of their teeth when brushing and flossing. Aligners are removable and allow them to maintain thorough oral hygiene throughout treatment.
- Fewer office visits: While you will still have to visit our office periodically to evaluate your teen's progress, Invisalign requires fewer in-office visits than traditional braces. This allows your teen to keep their school and extracurricular schedule without worrying about missing important appointments.
- Heightened self-esteem: Braces can make teens feel self-conscious while smiling in photos. However, Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible and allow your teen to continue to enjoy a natural-looking smile.
Thanks to the plentiful benefits offered by Invisalign Teen, convincing your teeth to undergo orthodontic treatment may be simpler than ever before.
Bring Your Child in for an Evaluation
We believe that patients of all ages should have access to a smile that looks and feels healthy. To assist you with financing your treatment, we accept checks, credit cards, and work with third-party financial groups including CareCredit® and LendingClub®. Call our office at (718) 278-1123 or send us an online message to schedule your appointment.