Prettau Full Mouth Bridge
People who are missing most or all of their teeth often wonder how they can smile normally again and if they will be able to bite and chew like they used to. Traditional dentures are helpful, but only a Prettau® Zirconia dental bridge offers the stability of natural teeth. Anchored in place by dental implants, a Prettau bridge can give you renewed confidence and a brand new smile.
Dr. Clifford Degel and Dr. Carmen Every-Degel have helped people throughout Queens, Long Island, and NYC by placing Prettau bridges supported by dental implants. The team at Astoria Dental Group would like to cover the basics of this solution for major tooth loss.
About Prettau Zirconia Dental Bridges
Prettau zirconia is a state-of-the-art material used to craft partial and full dentures. These Prettau zirconia appliances are anchored into place using dental implants, which are surgically placed artificial tooth roots. When anchored into place and the healing process is completed, patients are able to bite, chew, and smile with totally renewed confidence.
The Advantages of Prettau Zirconia Dental Bridges
The key advantages of Prettau zirconia bridges/dentures are as follows:
- Natural Appearance - Prettau zirconia appliances look just like your natural teeth and gum tissue thanks to the craftsmanship involved.
- Extremely Durable - Prettau zirconia appliances allow patients to bite and chew normally, even when they’re having corn on the cob and raw apples.
- Very Stable Thanks to Dental Implants - Dental implants function just like natural tooth roots once they have merged with the jawbone structure.
- Customized to the Patient’s Needs - Prettau zirconia is extremely customizable. The appliance can be designed to meet the exact needs of the patient.
- High Rates of Success - Clinical research in the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry shows that Prettau zirconia has a five-year success rate of 99.3 percent.
Ideal Candidates for Prettau Zirconia Dental Bridges
Good candidates for Prettau zirconia dental bridges are people who are missing most or all of their teeth. They should have sufficient jawbone density in place to support dental implants. The exact number of dental implants needed will vary based on a number of factors, including the dental arch being treated and the extent of tooth loss.
We can go over these and other factors in much greater detail during the consultation process.
The Results of Prettau Dental Bridge Treatment
Patients who’ve received Prettau zirconia dental bridges have reported excellent results overall. They have the ability to bite, chew, and smile like they used to, experiencing little if any self-consciousness. The dental implants are not just stable, but they also help maintain good jawbone density while preventing gum recession along the dental arch as well.
Proper Care for a Prettau Zirconia Dental Bridge
Proper aftercare of Prettau zirconia bridges is simple. The appliance itself can be removed for cleaning and soaking. The dental implants can be cleaned using a toothbrush, proxybrush, and special dental floss. Regular oral hygiene practices and dental checkups will help ensure long-lasting results.
Contact Astoria Dental Group
For more information about treating tooth loss and restoring your smile, be sure to contact our team of cosmetic and restorative dentists. We have helped people in Queens, Long Island, and New York City experience enhanced dental health. You can schedule a consultation by phone at (718) 831-6071.