Is Dental Bonding or Porcelain Veneers Right for Me?
At Astoria Dental Group, we are your Long Island destination for dental bonding and porcelain veneer procedures. Dental bonding and porcelain veneers are two cosmetic dentistry processes that can reinvigorate your smile and bring you confidence like never before.
Our Long Island cosmetic dentists, Dr. Clifford Degel and Dr. Carmen Every-Degel, are practiced in the application of dental bonding and porcelain veneers. Each of these procedures improves the façade of your smile in a unique way. The alignment, strength, and health of your teeth, as well as the results you’d like to achieve, are all important in deciding between dental bonding and porcelain veneers.
Benefits of Dental Bonding
Dental bonding is the application of a plastic, resin material to your natural teeth, improving the look of any cracks, discolorations, or chips on your teeth. The tooth-colored resin material is bonded to your teeth using a blue light, which seals the material to your teeth.
Dental bonding has many benefits, both cosmetic and functional, that may be a good fit for you. Benefits include:
- Dental bonding creates a more aesthetically pleasing smile.
- The bonding material is applied directly to your teeth, allowing full functionality offered by your natural teeth.
- The application of the resin material takes less than one hour per tooth and can often be completed in one visit to our Long Island cosmetic dentistry practice.
- Dental bonding requires less preparation than many other cosmetic dentistry procedures.
- This procedure helps strengthen your natural teeth and fill any cavities or other imperfections.
- Each tooth is treated with bonding material that matches the natural color of the teeth
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers can transform your less-than-perfect smile in just a few visits to our cosmetic dentist. At our offices in Long Island, porcelain veneers are an excellent option for patients looking for a long-lasting procedure and dramatic results.
The process of applying porcelain veneers usually takes at least two office visits, as your teeth are prepared and your veneers are specifically crafted and designed to fit your smile. Porcelain veneers have many benefits, including:
- Hand-crafted veneers fit perfectly on each of your own teeth.
- They have a natural sheen unlike any other cosmetic dental application, as the porcelain beautifully reflects light.
- Veneers are made to be stain resistant and durable, allowing you full functionality - even when drinking or eating foods that would stain your natural teeth.
- After their application, results are instantaneous and require no recovery time.
- Like dental bonding, veneers cover stains, small cracks, and chips to create a uniform, sleek smile.
How to Decide What’s Right for You
When considering any cosmetic procedure, it’s important to talk to our Long Island cosmetic dentists, who will be careful to consider your specific needs and goals in your cosmetic dentistry procedure.
Porcelain veneers may give you a more natural-looking smile than dental bonding, although it is important for you to review photos and decide which option is the best for you. Dental bonding is usually more cost effective than porcelain veneers, but may need to be replaced more often. Porcelain veneers require more of a time commitment on your part, including two or three office visits, to fit and apply your veneers, while dental bonding can be applied in just one visit.
It is important for you and our Long Island dentist to evaluate your lifestyle and the results you want to achieve from your cosmetic dentistry procedure. For more information and to schedule a consultation with our trained dentists and professional staff, please contact us today.