Restorative Dentistry Queens
Restore the Health and Functionality of Your Smile
The caring, highly qualified dentists of Astoria Dental Group want patients to understand the
importance of treating tooth, gum or tissue damage. Our Manhattan-area practice specializes in all aspects of restorative dentistry, allowing patients
to acquire a healthy and functional smile. Drs. Clifford Degel and Carmen Every-Degel identify problem areas and provide a number of solutions to
restore teeth to good form again. Additionally, we want to make sure you are given the tools to prevent future damage. If you feel that you may suffer
from dental health issues, large or small, contact Astoria Dental Group, serving Manhattan and
surrounding areas, to learn about our various restorative dentistry services, and which may be right for you.
Types of Restorative Dentistry
Restorative dentistry services offered by Astoria Dental Group include:
- Bone grafting is a necessary procedure for restoring bone mass in the jaw prior to dental implant surgery. If you have experienced a loss of bone volume from gum
disease, trauma or infection, Dr. Degel can effectively graft the required amount of bone from the chin or another part of the jaw. Bone grafting
allows for dental implants to be anchored securely to the jaw.
- Dental implants are recommended for patients who have lost several teeth. Implants are artificial tooth roots that support prosthetic teeth that provide the
benefits and functionality of natural teeth. Implants are placed in the jawbone, and last for many years with the proper care. Dr. Degel is a
well-known implant dentist in the area, offering many years of experience with standard and immediate implant placement.
- Dentures are removable appliances that restore functionality to your mouth if you are missing several or more teeth. Made up of artificial
teeth attached to a supporting structure, dentures resolve many of the problems associated with missing teeth. Whether you are in need of partial
or complete dentures, our dental practice makes it a smooth and painless process.
- Mouth reconstruction combines several restorative dentistry services, such as the placement of dental implants, dentures, tooth-colored composite fillings or periodontal therapy for treating gum disease. Many individuals require full mouth
reconstruction to restore the functionality, health and appearance of the smile. The skilled dental staff at Astoria Dental Group, serving
Manhattan and surrounding areas, utilizes the latest in restorative dentistry for mouth reconstruction.
- Dental crowns are ideal for patients with damaged, decayed, or extremely worn teeth. A customized metal, ceramic or porcelain cap is placed over the weakened
tooth in order to protect and preserve it. The crown gives the appearance of a beautiful, natural tooth, while allowing for normal chewing, biting
and speaking capabilities.
- Dental bridges are a great restorative solution for one or more missing teeth. The bridge consists of a custom-made false tooth, attached to crowns, which cover
the surrounding, existing teeth. Dr. Degel is experienced and proficient in dental bridge placement, making the procedure as easy and comfortable
Benefits of Restorative Dentistry
You may be wondering why restorative dentistry is important. There are multiple health benefits, including:
- Increased ability to chew various types of food
- Improved speech, and therefore, more confidence when speaking in public or in groups
- Overall improved oral health
- Long-lasting solutions to dental issues
- Preventative measures to ensure further dental problems are avoided
- Possibilities for improved self-confidence due to an enhanced smile
Contact Us about Restorative Dentistry
If you are suffering from damaged, decayed or missing teeth, you should see a dentist right away. Contact our Manhattan-area dentists to learn more about various restorative dentistry procedures and which are right for you. A staff member at Astoria Dental Group will respond to your